Wednesday, August 24, 2011

little tidbits...

We didn't have gas for about 3 weeks. One of those weeks I was trying to figure out why the gas didn't work (did a connection in back get rattled?), then, after realizing that I actually had to apply for gas utilities (I'm new to this: all my previous gas expenses have been included in the rent), it took two weeks for the gas people (that's actually the company's name) to decide to come visit our apartment. And there is only one gas company that serves my apartment building, so it wasn't like I could play the free market - pulling the dissatisfied 'I'm going to a different company' customer card.

Anyway, so when we finally got gas, after three weeks of beans in the crock pot, scrambled (or should I say nuked) eggs in the microwave, and instant potatoes in a coffee-maker (no we don't drink coffee, but the device was very useful when faced without a stove or oven for three weeks), what was my celebratory first-day-of-gas dinner?

Hard-boiled eggs.

I guess I forgot how to cook in those three weeks...

Another random tidbit: Thanks to some good friends, McDreamy and I have a couch. This may seem strange, but in our entire married life (4 1/2 lovely years now) we have never had a real couch - we had a futon for two years, and a few bamboo chairs the following two years, but never had a nice, fluffy, lay-all-the-way-down-while-you-snuggle-watching-a-movie actual COUCH!

It is a bit exciting. Our celebration for this new addition was much more exciting than my first-day-of-gas meal: we cuddled and watched a movie.

Well at least half of the movie.

I got hot and he fell asleep.

So maybe we're getting boring? Oh well...at least we're happy! And we have since had many a fantastic gas-cooked meal, as well as a number of nice couch-used evenings.

1 comment: